Junior Business Research Analyst in Beijing
A fast-growing investment consultancy is looking for a Junior Business Research Analyst to support our research team and help to connect the Sino-European cultural and economic bridge. This is an ideal position for an outgoing individual seeking to combine a full-time internship position with a great opportunity to work in Beijing, China.
The Group is a leading Sino-British financial and business consulting services provider in the UK, specialising in serving global investments in Asia Pacific, European Union, Middle East, Russia and the United Kingdom. It provides a diverse range of investment solutions such as M&A, Global Strategic Advisory, and Regional Economic Planning. Furthermore, due to strong network in China, it assists private and public commercial organisations in order to facilitate their collaboration both at regional and international scale.
Due to increasing businesses in Asian Market, the consultancy opened up its first subsidiary in Beijing, China. It concentrates on providing expertise in Public Private Partnerships, Regional Economic Reform and Upgrading, and One Belt One Road policy. It is aggressively growing and seeking to accommodate bright and driven individual to realize their potential through this experience.
The successful candidate would support the company’s consulting business team by providing ideas and research in the preparation of concepts and proposals for western regional economic development. The work will vary and will be project based. The responsibilities of this position, include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Researching worldwide industry cluster (i.e. Silicon Valley, Canary Wharf) including culture and creative, tourism, manufacture, finance sectors, etc.
· Researching unique and innovative concepts (e.g. architectural landmark, theme parks, museums, gardens, etc.) that may be used to assist in developing regional economy
· Analysing prominent worldwide regional development models, evaluating the success factors of worldwide industry cluster.
· Designing presentations, drafting pitches, and assisting with client meetings
· Working alongside UK and China teams and departments, assisting the teams in all aspects including and supporting daily business enquiries and other ad hoc tasks.
Skills and Experience:
· Proven skills in producing and editing proposal content under strict deadlines is required. Must be IT literate with high capacity in PowerPoint design and InDesign.
· Practical or academic experience in Urban and Society Planning and Tourism would be advantageous for this position
· Excellent communication and presentation skills is essential
· Good understanding of economic concepts and principles would be preferred
· Good knowledge of UK and China’s economic policies and leading industries would be advantageous
· Advanced in written and spoken English. Basic Chinese would also be preferred
· Currently studying towards a Bachelor/Masters degree in Business, Marketing, Tourism, Art, Urban Planning, Economic or other related subject
· Experience of living within European culture
· Strong Research skills
· Good awareness of European unique places and concepts would be preferred
· Professional sceptical mindset
· Ability to apply a logical and analytical approach to work
· Excellent attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly and independently.
· Ability to manage time, prioritise tasks and work under tight deadlines
· A can-do attitude, self-starter and motivated to succeed
· Proven ability to be a team player; while retaining ability to work independently with little supervision
· Passionate and willingness to grow with the company
· Capable of adapting to a multicultural team environment
· Strong research and analytical skills are essential
· Strong leadership, communication and problem-solving skills
Location: Beijing, China
Duration: 3-6 months
Start Date: ASAP
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org